From Laura Waugh, Marketing Coordinator, Texas Digital Library
Austin, TX We are pleased to announce the formation of the South Central States Fedora Users Group. In conjunction with DuraSpace, the Texas Digital Library, the University of Houston, and the University of Oklahoma are establishing a community for developers and users of the Fedora repository system. This users group is open to anyone in the southern, central United States with an interest in Fedora and its use with the Hydra, Islandora or other frameworks and extensions.
The goal of the South Central States Fedora Users Group (SCSFUG) is to boost, support, and educate the local Fedora user base, promote adoption of Fedora, and work with an eye towards reducing duplication of effort while maximizing efficiencies as we scale up our use of Fedora in the region.
Planned activities include:
• We are seeking approval of a workshop at the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries 2016 in Austin, Texas, and hope to make an announcement regarding our status at the end of March.
• This July 18-19th, 2016, the University of Oklahoma will hostthe first formal meeting of the SCSFUG in Norman, Oklahoma (details forthcoming). Regional Fedora developers and users are welcome to present upon their current or planned work, meet with DuraSpace Fedora development staff, and network with peers. We want to know what projects have been completed, what’s around the bend, and find opportunities for collaboration.
To get started:
• Join the Google Group and participate in activities as we plan for July:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/south-central-states-fedora-users
• Subscribe to the listserv: https://utlists.utexas.edu/sympa/info/scsfug
• About the Fedora repository system: http://www.duraspace.org/about_fedora
• Fedora wiki: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+Repository+Home
We hope that this group will be of use to you, and we look forward to creating new development opportunities, learning from one another and moving digital libraries forward together. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at the Google Group or send inquiries to email@example.com